- Yugaware Platform - 2.2, 2.4, 2.6
When Alerting is configured in the Yugaware platform, the platform sends frequent health reports. A high volume of health reports may make it difficult to notice a health check failure.
The following clarifies the purpose of several fields in the Yugaware platform Health & Alerting configuration:
- Health check interval is how often (in ms) the platform should run a health check on the cluster and send a health check message. The default Health check interval is 300,000ms (5 minutes).
- Report email interval is how often (in ms) the platform should send scheduled reports about the health of the cluster. These scheduled updates always include the status of all the nodes, even if the cluster is healthy. The default Report email interval is 43,200,000ms (12 hours).
- The Only include errors in alert emails toggle controls whether health check messages are sent for healthy clusters or if they are sent only when there is an issue.
Setting the Report email interval to a very high value will suppress reports for healthy universes.
1. Open the Customer Profile settings, then select the Health & Alerting tab:
2. Ensure the Alert emails field is set to a valid email address. Reports will not be sent if this field is empty.
3. Ensure the Callhome Level field is set to Low, Medium, or High.
4. Set the Health check interval to the desired alerting interval. For example, if this interval is set to 900000, the health check will run every 15 minutes. A health check message will be sent if there is an issue in the cluster or if the Only include errors in alert e-mails toggle is disabled.
5. Set the Report email interval to a very large number (e.g. 9000000000000000000, which is 285 million years). This will suppress scheduled reports on cluster health.
6. Enable the Only include errors in alert e-mails toggle. This will prevent health check messages from being sent out if the cluster is healthy.
Improvements to the platform's alerting capabilities are planned for a future release.