- Yugabyte Platform
Backup or restore is failing and not enough logs are available to troubleshoot or identify the issue in application logs and verbose logs.
- Additional Information: This article is applicable for backup configured on Microsoft Azure storage or any other compatible
There could be many reasons for the failure of backup and restore. This guide will help in getting verbose logs for
azcopy. To get these logs, We have to edit the
1. Login to the `yugaware` container.
- For Replicated installation
docker exec -it yugaware bash
- For Kubernetes installation
kubectl exec -it <pod_name> -n <namespace_name> -c yugaware -- bash
2. Before making any changes to the backup script, Take a backup of existing
cp yb_backup.py yb_backup.py_bkp_<date>
3. To enable
verbose output, make changes in function
_command_list_prefix in class
AzBackupStorage. After making changes, The function should look like below: (Notice the
return "azcopy --log-level=DEBUG"
4. Then we can run backup or restore using the steps described in this article.
5. Once troubleshooting is done, We can revert the changes to avoid unnecessary verbose loggings.